13 Things You Can Do Tonight to Make Tomorrow Morning Less Stressful
Are mornings a mad rush at your house? By the time you find matching socks for the kids and answer the text messages that piled up overnight, you may feel like you've put in a full day before you even reach the office.
You can make your mornings run more smoothly. Take a look at these suggestions for feeling more relaxed as you start each day.
8 Ways to Save Time in the Morning
Staying on schedule is probably your biggest challenge. These time-savers will streamline your routine.
1. Plan your schedule. Maybe you're trying to cram too much into too few hours. Figure out how much time you need for your usual activities. Then, you can calculate when you need to go to bed so you'll be well rested each day.
2. Organize your space. Do you know where your umbrella is? Keeping essential items in their place will eliminate searching for car keys or gym bags.
3. Check the weather. Rain and snow may change your plans. Take a look at the forecast before you go to bed so you'll be ready with rain boots or ice scrapers.
4. Prepare breakfast. Eating breakfast gives you energy now, and makes it easier to resist snacking on junk food later. Assemble your smoothie ingredients tonight so you can pull them out of the refrigerator tomorrow.
5. Lay out your clothes. Hang tomorrow's outfit at the front of your closet or on the back of your bedroom door. Buy a compact steamer to cut down on ironing time.
6. Simplify your look. How many products do you use in the morning? Design a simpler skin care regimen and browse around for a low-maintenance hairstyle.
7. Write notes. Save your brain power for more important subjects. Jot down reminders to pick up prescriptions or dry cleaning.
8. Shorten your commute. Studies show that the length of your commute has a dramatic effect on your health and wellbeing. Moving or changing jobs is a big decision, but you may want to explore your options. If you're looking for a benchmark, the average one-way commute in the U.S. is 25.5 minutes.
5 Ways to Make Mornings More Peaceful
However much you need to do, you can stay calm and focused. It's a matter of attitude. These tips will help you enjoy mornings more.
1. Adjust the light. Light has a powerful effect on your brain. Darkening your bedroom at night will help you to sleep better so you wake up feeling refreshed. The opposite holds true for waking up. Exposure to morning sun will banish grogginess.
2. Meditate before bed. Meditating or praying before sleep may give you pleasant dreams. You can reinforce the positive feelings by meditating in the morning too.
3. Skip the snooze button. Try placing your alarm clock across the room if you're in the habit of hitting the snooze button. Those 10 minute fragments of sleep usually leave you feeling worse than if you get out of bed immediately.
4. Play music. Spend your evening cuing up a playlist of your favorite songs. Lively music will give you energy if you're dragging around. Gentle instrumental music will soothe your nerves if you're apprehensive about a job interview or business presentation.
5. Download a podcast. Continue your education during your commute. Find a podcast that will teach you Roman history or the fundamentals of accounting.
A few simple strategies can turn you into an early bird or at least make your initial hours happier and more productive. Starting the morning on a positive note will help you head off stress and feel calmer all day long.
Need more help? Then check out this stress management guide:
“How to Break Free From A Stressful Life” is my book which reveals powerful methods of managing and wiping out stress in the fastest possible time, before it starts ruining your life and endangering your health
I am very proud of the work I put into this book and the results I know that you will get when you apply what I teach in it.
It contains powerful ideas and stress relief tips on how to effectively rid your body of stress so that you can live your life to the fullest and finally enjoy some real happiness every day of your life!
No kidding - you get to start having some fun again, even if you think you have forgotten how to by now!
Learn more CLICK HERE >> “How to Break Free From A Stressful Life”
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Self Help.
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"