All about sensitive skin care
When you are first learning about 'Sensitive skin care’ you will quickly grasp that it is governed by a few basic rules.
However, even before we delve into the rules for sensitive skin care, it’s important to understand what a sensitive skin is.
Sensitive skin is one which is unable to tolerate any unfavourable conditions(environmental/other), and which easily gets irritated on contact with foreign materials (including skin care products).
For this reason, some products are especially labelled as sensitive skin care products.
The degree of sensitivity can however vary from person to person (and depending on that, the sensitive skin care procedures vary too).
Generally, all skin types respond negatively to detergents and other chemical based products.
However, the damage starts generally beyond a defined threshold (or tolerance level).
This tolerance level is very low for sensitive skin types, leading to skin getting damaged very easily and quickly.
Sensitive skin care products either avoid the potential irritants or keep them at very low concentrations.
Here are a few tips for sensitive skin care:
* Use sensitive skin care products only (i.e. the products that are marked for sensitive skin care only).
Also, check the instructions/ notes on the product to see if there are specific restrictions/warnings associated with the product).
* Even within the range of sensitive skin care products, choose the one that has minimum preservatives, colourings and other additives
* Do not use toners. Most of them are alcohol based and are not recommended for sensitive skin.
* Wear protective gloves when doing laundry or other chemical based cleaning. If you are allergic to rubber, you can wear cotton gloves below the rubber ones.
* Another important tip for ‘sensitive skin care’ is to avoid excessive exposure to sun. Apply sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun.
* Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out.
* Use hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizer as a sensitive skin care product (if there is none specifically labelled as a sensitive skin care product)
* Use soap-free and alcohol free cleansers. Cleanse your face whenever you return from spending time out doors.
* Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause reddishness and even inflammation.
* Do not leave the makeup on for too long. Use hypoallergenic makeup- removers.
So, sensitive skin care is very different from the normal skin care.
Sensitive skin care is more about being careful with your skin (both in terms of sensitive skin care products and protection against environments atrocities on skin).
Learn more about natural beauty and your health online when you read the rest of our information here about: How to clear skin blemishes naturally.
So many of us are busy and it can be all too tempting to cut down on skin care - especially if it’s time consuming. But it is important to learn how to reduce skin blemishes quickly with simple and safe methods and home remedies.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Beauty.
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"