Helene with cat Dusty and kangaroo Guru and Dad #3
It has been very interesting, and very funny, reading some of the posts being made about "things you didn't know about me" in a few blogs around the net, so I have been inspired to add a few things about me that I doubt you would know.
There is no order or reason to any of these factoids, just stuff I thought of that are off-the-cuff, and hope you might find interesting and a bit of an insight into what makes me - well, Me.
1) I got my drivers license at 17 and drove a car that 2 weeks later the brakes failed in. Drove down (very fast) through the Adelaide Hills for 30+ minutes with no brakes. Had to rear-end a Taxi at the traffic lights to stop the car.
2) As a teenager in High School I decided that I wanted to use my middle name rather than my original first name Marian, as people found it too hard to pronounce and was constantly misspelled as well. Didn't realize my middle name would cause just as much confusion - lol!
3) I have had 6 fathers in my life, because my mother married 6 times. My 'Dad' that I still see everyday here was her third husband pictured above.
4) The first LP records I ever bought were of Jimmi Hendrix and Iron Butterfly... just to make a statement, because the only music I ever heard at home was classical music.
5) By the time I was 8 years old I spoke 3 languages.
6) As a kid I absolutely loathed all forms of sports... and I still do... LOATHE sports.
7) When I was 7 and lived in a farmhouse in Sweden we had to use an outhouse toilet.
8) I paint oil portraits - and they're good.
9) Smoked 60 cigarettes a day for decades. Quit 9 years ago. Hardest thing I ever did, best thing I ever did.
10) When I watched Snow White as a 8 yo on the movie theater big screen I was terrified of the witch and would not watch Disney movies for years
11) I have literally walked on fire... aka "fire walked" on a bed of red hot coals.
12) As a tween I saw a Dr. Who show on TV with alien lifeforms that spread through the blood from the sugar bowl that scared me so much I still can't watch that show!!
13) The most people I have ever made a public presentation to from a stage was well over 1,000 people
14) I'm a DIY expert in tons of things, including hand building a two story house in the 80's - I can make almost anything and everything I need in my life.
Put me on a desert Island and I'm good to go. But I hate 'roughing it'...My idea of going camping is staying at a Hilton Hotel
15) Nearly drowned in the ship pool as a kid when immigrating to Australia
16) I don't have a mobile phone
17) My first job was at 14 when I made fairy floss on sticks to sell in a shopping center
18) I'm a member of the Baha'i Faith
19) By the time I was 18 years old I had lived in 27 places/homes spread over 3 countries in two Continents.
20) I use vodka as an antiseptic spray wipe and to polish furniture - learned it from Kirstie Alley on the Oprah show!
21) In 2000 I made the decision to become a vegetarian. Just slipped into it over the decades of learning about animal farming & abattoir practices, so I thought I might as well be purposeful about it.
22) The most I ever managed to donate to charities in one year was $20,000. Would like to top that in the future.
23) I have had a lifelong interest in natural remedies and home therapies for natural cures to health ailments.
24) When I was 14 I read a book about Palmistry, and was so spookily good at reading people's palms it frightened me and I stopped doing it.
25) I have been a catwalk and photo Model at various times in my life
26) In the 80's I learned to fly Gyro planes - trained on a glider gyro ... like a small helicopter. A more accurate description is a flying eggbeater!
27) I know how to do almost every craft hobby there is! Self taught from instruction books - I can make almost anything!
28) My favorite food is tuna or salmon sashimi and California roll / sushi
29) I cut my own hair, very rare that I go to a hairdresser for anything nowadays
30) I have never knowingly broken the law or had to make a personal appearance in any Law Court for any reason... yeah, I'm a really boring goody-two-shoes.
31) We cared for a baby Kangaroo named Guru and/or UnaMama when we lived in WA.
32) My favorite tree is the Weeping Willow. There were two in my yard 19 years ago when I moved here, but they died in the decade of drought, so I planted a new one this year.
33) I have never taken any illegal drugs, ever, not even a puff of dope... am I the only one on the planet?
34) When I was 11 I wrote a poem about my cat called "Dusty Ringworm" telling the tale of his infection, that was published in the Western Australian newspaper children's section
35) I can't do interactive relaxation exercises like having to look at the computer screen and make the balls juggle, doors open, fire light up and so on.
Major Fail! I get so frustrated at not being able to relax enough to move the things on the screen that I just end up a huge stress ball! Sold the *bleeping* software kit and finger sensors on eBay!
✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
. . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
Even if you happen to know me for a few years, there would be some surprises in that lot... and the rest of them I'm not telling you - ever - lol......!!!!!!!!
So, I'm dying to know what things you can tell me about yourself!
Do you have a list online anywhere you can link to here, or that you can tell me about here?
Please click the COMMENTS link below to share your surprises with us!!!!
Comments for 35 Things I Bet You Did Not Know about Helene Malmsio
Click here to add your own comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to About Me Page.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1 hour.
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.