Corn Snakes as Exotic Pets
If you have never before owned a pet snake, but have your heart set on getting one, then you should consider starting off with a corn snake.
Corn snakes tend to be easy going and tamer than most breeds.
And they have a long life span of up to 20 years, so they will give you a lifetime of pleasure.
Another benefit is that they do not grow into huge snakes, usually only growing from 3 to 5 foot long, and as a result will not ever need huge amounts of expensive feed for snakes.
This breed is one of the most attractive reptiles in the animal kingdom and they truly are beautiful pets that you can enjoy watching for hours on end.
They are ideal for beginners, as long as you are prepared for the fact that they are notorious escape artists!
These curious and determined little snakes will probe and push at every crevice of their snake cage and will push at the doorways and lid to see if they can find a weakness to wriggle through.
Fortunately, there are many strong and attractive designs of snake cages and terrariums that you can buy online, that also provide good security.
It is recommended that you attach a padlock to the snake enclosure though, to make sure the entrance can’t be accidentally loosened.
Even though the corn snake makes a nice low maintenance pet snake, you should learn how to take care of your snake, and you can get some very helpful books online or at your local library to make sure you know what you are doing before you adopt a pet snake.
Some things you will need to learn about fully include:
• Knowing how to select a healthy snake, that is parasite free, and feeds itself easily.
• Ensuring that you know what size and kind of enclosure is best suited for the corn snake.
• Which are the best bedding and substrate for the snake cage to keep it comfortable but also hygienic
• What materials you need to keep out of the snake enclosure to prevent it accidentally eating it
• How much privacy does a snake need to feel secure and how to provide a snake with hiding spots.
• The ideal temperature spectrum to provide your snake and the equipment required.
• Ensuring the corn snake has the appropriate supply of water and suitable bowls for its bathing needs.
• Providing the suitable feed for your corn snake, and knowing how often to feed it.
• Being prepared to help your snake when it sheds its skin, to make the process as comfortable as possible for it.
• Having the skills to prevent, assess and/or treat the common illnesses that may befall your corn snake.
If you cannot already answer these questions, you need to take responsibility for learning how to take care of your corn snake, long before you rush out to the pet shop!
The information can be learned from snake books in your library, or local book store, or bought online.
You should also research your corn snake care on web forums where you can talk to other corn snake owners and learn more about these beautiful and exotic creatures.
Learn more about the care of exotic pets when you read the rest of our information here about: How to look after a pet snake
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.