Did You Know That Stress Makes You Prone to Accidents?
The statistics from every industry say the same thing - stress is a leading cause of accidents in the workplace. And stress is a cause in home accidents as well!
When you’re feeling stress, you don't think clearly and you’re likely to forget simple things.
The brain can only take so much and this stress load is over-riding everything else.
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) found that:
• 25% of workers view their jobs as the greatest source of stress
• 26% have already experienced job burnout
• 40% of workers label their job duties as very stressful
• 75% of workers think that job stress is much worse than it was for workers in the previous generation
Do you agree with how the workers in this study view job stress? If you do, you’re not alone in feeling stress at work.
When you feel stressed, you can protect yourself and others by:
• Slowing down and double checking the process
• Read and re-read any safety directions, even if you already think you know it. Under stress, your brain is distracted
• Ask for help if you feel the task is too much for you
• Ask a colleague to double check the process
• Don't agree to learn a new task or operate new equipment when you feel stressed. You won't retain the information well.
• Take breaks away from the task and relax. Your mind needs to step down from alert status and rest before resuming the task.
Workplace stress isn't something you tough out to prove your worth. Working under stress places you and your co-workers at risk for industrial accidents.
Even if you don't drive a forklift, you can cause just as much damage by not thinking it out as you reach for a heavy box and drop it on someone's head.
Learn more about how to manage stress on my page with all the information you need on this subject: How to manage stress
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Self Help.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.