Do Weight Loss Supplements Work?
There are many weight loss supplements on the market today but do they work? Like everything, you have to take care when finding supplements to help you lose weight. Some people will tell you anything just to sell a product. Other supplements may help you in your weight loss endeavours by decreasing your appetite or increasing the metabolism so that you are highly motivated to get more exercise. Here is a list of popular weight loss supplements.
* Fucoxanthin is a substance found in brown seaweed that is often used in Japanese dishes such as miso soup. It should be taken in capsule or tablet form when being used to promote weight loss. No studies have been carried out on humans; only on animals where rats and mice seemed to lose weight after consuming it. While safe in soups, in tablet form it is much stronger and could cause iodine poisoning or interfere with the thyroid gland. Also, some people are allergic to iodine.
* Green tea has become popular as an aid to weight loss. The substances in it such as theanine are believed to raise the metabolism and reduce appetite. However, just drinking green tea alone will not do much for any loss of weight. Any weight loss supplements need to be taken in conjunction with other forms of losing weight such as dieting and exercise.
* White bean extract is another supplement that people often take to help them lose weight. The substances in it are supposed to prevent carbohydrates turning into sugar in your body. While few studies have been conducted, one suggests that white bean extract certainly does help people to lose weight.
* Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a fatty acid that comes from beef and dairy foods. It is available as a supplement and is said to increase muscle mass while decreasing fat. While some studies showed success in losing weight for those who took it, other studies did not. The main thing to remember is that it was also found to have a negative impact on blood sugar metabolism and it is possible it may contribute to insulin resistance.
* Chitosan made from chitin a substance found in the shells of lobsters and crabs. It is said to fight fat absorption, but can cause constipation and an upset stomach, while absorption of vital nutrients could be compromised. However, some studies found it did work on weight loss.
It is wise to talk to your doctor before taking any supplements for weight loss or for other reasons. A good diet plan and exercise are usually the safest way to lose weight.
Learn more here in our weight loss section guide for How to Lose 5 Pounds in a Week The Healthy Way
Did you like this blog post?
Well first, share it so someone else can get some good advice.
Then, subscribe so you don’t miss more – either subscribe to my RSS feed at the bottom of this page, or find the little guy waving at you on the bottom of the page and sign up to get my free ezine and gifts for my subscribers!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Weight Loss.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.