Do You Need To Remove Some Difficult People From Your Life?
by Helene Malmsio
As we begin the new year its common to review your past efforts and contemplate what lies ahead for you.
And if you have been struggling dealing with difficult people at work or at home, it may be time to consider if you need to actually leave some toxic people out of your life if you want to be happier and healthier emotionally.
Failing being able to distance yourself from them, you need to learn conflict resolution strategies to give you the upper hand in dealing with difficult people like this.
I read an article today in huffingtonpost where people were asked what are the 8 most common types of toxic people they have to deal with and this is what they said:
1. The Debbie Downer - negative people that suck the life and joy out of your every day
2. The Gaslighter - insecure people that intentionally confuse you, make you think you’re the problem, or turn others against you.
3. The User - true narcissists, they use you up and only give you back enough to keep you on hook as a future resource to tap.
4. The Dysfunctional Family Member - *sigh* you gotta love them... or DO you? Maybe its time to stop cleaning up their messes for them!
5. The Friend You’ve Outgrown - If you’ve got a friend who’s more of a burden than a help, maybe its time to move on.
6. The Scorekeeper - This person will constantly find fault with you and keep track of your every mistake so they can use it against you in the future *ugh*
7. The Critic - someone who is constantly criticizing you and your actions is not a true friend
8. The Poisonous Partner - Toxic romances are non-negotiable... just get out and as far away as you can, as fast as you can.
There are cases where you have to get along with co-workers, and in those cases you need to learn how to deal with difficult people if you want to keep your job, so learn the strategies for dealing with them, and stay on top.
You can read the article in full here: 8 Types Of Toxic People To Leave Behind In 2018
What are your experiences with obnoxious or irritating people in your life or your workplace?
Did you work out how to get along, or did you cut them out of your life?
Tell us your story below in Comments!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Books & Publishing.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.