Eating Gluten Free: Medical Conditions And Meal Ideas
Without a doubt, you’ve heard numerous health experts preach about going gluten free. Do you have the slightest clue what gluten is? If you are like most women (especially middle aged and older women), old habits are hard to change.
Gluten is found in wheat, and you likely grew up with wheat products around your home, such as bread and pastries, flour and snacks, and grew up just fine, right?
Well… let’s just say things could have been even better.
The fact is, going gluten free really is beneficial to our health, and more people really should adopt to this lifestyle.
This also means adapting your cooking style to the new ingredients.
However, before we delve into some great gluten free meal ideas, let’s have a quick look at the dangers of gluten in our diet.
This is a serious disease resulting from the immune system responding to gluten as a foreign body.
The result is breakdown in the lining of the intestinal system, making for bloody stools, poor absorption and excruciating pain.
This is again related to the immune system developing a response to gluten and causing inflammation of surrounding organs.
This can predispose the individual to serious neurological conditions like epilepsy.
Again, related to sensitizing autoimmune system. The result is damage to the cells of the skin and inflammatory rashes
The pattern developing is that most of the effects of gluten are related to having a sensitive immune reaction to its consumption.
Though originally thought of as rare to encounter this sensitivity, it is now known that more than a third of all people are gluten insensitive.
Removing gluten from the diet may be beneficial to anyone, as gluten is not considered an essential source protein.
Ready to make delicious gluten free meals? Try these out as soon as you can!
Almond Flour Pancakes
These pancakes are the go to substitute for wheaten pancakes, as they are extremely filling and completely gluten free.
They are also low in carbs, perfect for losing weight of if following a low carb lifestyle. Best of all? It takes just 20 minutes to complete!
You will need the following ingredients, so be sure to pick them up when going shopping:
• One cup of almond flour
• One- quarter of a cup water
• 2 eggs
• One tablespoon of maple syrup
• One teaspoon oil
• A sprinkle of salt
Keep in mind this recipe makes 4 pancakes, so be sure to adjust upwards if you need more.
1. Mix all ingredients except oil, and whisk until fluffy and smooth.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat, then drop a large spoon of batter into the pan.
3. Let cook on each side for 3-5 minutes, being sure to flip once one side is browned.
4. Repeat for other pancakes, then enjoy!
Satisfying Egg And Cheese Breakfast Quiche
Quiches have been, and will always remain a classic. This one is unique, however, as it does not require any flour at all.
It is a high protein, high fat breakfast choice and is extremely filling.
To make you’ll need:
• 6 bacon strips finely chopped (turkey or pork, your choice)
• 4 eggs
• 5 ounces Swiss cheese
• 3 ounces parmesan cheese
• One cup half and half cream
• Half of a cup chopped onions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix dry ingredients and pour into muffin pans or 9-inch pie dish.
3. Mix eggs and cream, then pour over the dry ingredients in the pan of your choice.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake for another 35 minutes.
5. Enjoy for breakfast, snack, or whenever you desire this delicious quiche!
Avocado Chicken Salad
A filling, healthy lunch option that is quick to make and delicious to boot.
Not all fats are bad for you, as evidenced by the benefits avocado has on health.
You’ll need the following ingredients:
• 8 ounces chicken breast
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• One teaspoon smoked paprika
• Half diced avocado
• One chopped medium tomato
• Half small chopped red onion
• One teaspoon chopped parsley
• Rub one tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken breast and grill over medium heat until lightly browned.
• Mix remaining ingredients, then chop chicken breast or strip and mix into salad.
• Refrigerate for short period of time or consume immediately.
This is a great recipe when running late for lunch, as it takes just 20 minutes from start to finish!
Goat Cheese And Turkey Patties
Incorporating the unique flavor of goat cheese and the leanness of ground turkey, it makes a perfect complement to sweet potatoes or on a bed of veggies. Perfect for dinner.
• One and a half pounds ground turkey breast
• Two tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
• One cup chopped spinach
1. Preheat oven griddle, or grill to medium heat.
2. Combine ingredients into 4 patties (serving is 4 patties) and compact
3. Place on grill or griddle for 15 minutes until golden brown
Gluten free meal ideas are everywhere. The few outlines here are merely the tip of the iceberg.
You can modify recipes you always make, by education yourself to what foods have gluten and excluding them.
Your health will thank you!
How did you like this post? If you found this article helpful to you, you may want to share it with others by clicking the social networking buttons on the left side of this page – Thank You!
Cheers, Helene Malmsio
Related Reading: https://www.discoveryhub.net/how-to-learn-healthy-cooking.html
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.