Eight Tips For Growing A Great Garden
Gardening is a nice healthy way to spend some time relaxing outdoors. In this article we will give you nine tips that can help you enjoy your gardening to the fullest. How did you like this post?
1. Start your plants in pots, once they sprout and grow a little you can transplant them into the garden. This will grow stronger plants and raise their chances of survival.
2. Healthy soil is very important for the health of your plants. You can use banana skins and other fruit and vegetable waste to create a compost area where you can mix the waste with your soil. This will create rich soil and very healthy plants
3. When you choose a place for your garden keep in mind that most garden plants need an average of six hours of sunlight per day. Not all flowers need that much sunlight, however, some do.
4. It is better not to water your garden while the plants are in direct sunlight, the water acts as a magnifying glass and can damage the plants when the sun is strong. If you decide to water your garden in direct sunlight try to make the water fall directly on the soil without falling on the plants, especially the leaves.
5. If you don’t want to loose valuable time watering your garden. You can buy special hoses that will leak water out at a slow pace. This will allow you to simply turn on the faucet and enjoy yourself while your plants receive the water that they desperately need. You must be careful, however, not to over water your garden.
6. When you pick your vegetables keep in mind that pulling at the vegetable to separate it from the plant can cause damage to the plant. It is usually much better to cut the vegetable off of the plant.
7. If you find that you need to go into the house frequently while gardening taking your shoes on and off can cause a lot of stress. Use some plastic bags, you can slip your shoes into them before entering your house.
8. If your yard has clay quality soil this can cause stress while trying to dig as it sticks to your shovel. You can try solving this problem by waxing your shovel with car wax.
9. As we mentioned before your garden needs a lot of sunlight, this means that you will probably be working in the sun quite a bit. Keep in mind that he ozone isn’t as good as it used to be and there are many risks that come from over exposer to the sun. Don’t forget to use sunscreen and if you are extra sensitive you may want to use a hat and maybe a long sleeve cotton shirt.
Gardening can be a very relaxing hobby, some doctors even recommend it as an anti stress activity. Not to mention the joy that comes from eating food that you produced with your very hands! Happy gardening!
You will soon discover that gardening is one of the most wonder filled and satisfying hobbies that you can ever undertake!
You can learn so much more here on my free online DIY gardening tips for beginners guide.
If you found this article helpful to you, you may want to share it with others by clicking the social networking buttons on the left side of this page – Thank You!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Gardening.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.