Four Small Diet Changes With a Big Impact
Are you at your wit's end with diets that haven't produced results worth talking about? You might find one that lets you lose a couple of pounds, but then they come right back. So where has that gotten you? Unfortunately, right back where you started.
The good news is you can very easily make some changes that will let you get off that diet roller coaster for good!
Try these four small diet changes that pack a lot of punch:
1. Make H2O your beverage of choice. Even the beverages that claim to have zero sugar are often loaded with calories or unhealthy chemicals! Replace those beverages with pure water and you'll start to notice changes in how you feel and look almost instantly!
* Give your water a kick by squeezing some fresh lime juice into each glass you drink.
* Try not to quit sugared drinks cold turkey or you may end up feeling deprived. Instead, treat yourself to a soda or fruit beverage at the end of each week if you met your daily water consumption targets.
* Drinking a glass of water before meals also helps you to feel full quicker so you don't eat as much food.
2. Cut down your portions. It's possible to cut portion sizes without leaving the table feeling hungry. Sometimes, timing makes all the difference:
* A plan that may work well for you is to eat five times a day - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks in between. Have small portions so your total daily consumption still falls within your recommended caloric intake.
* When you eat so often, your body never has a chance to feel really hungry, so you're not as tempted to eat large portions.
3. Switch snacks. While it's important to indulge in comfort from time to time, you may want to assess whether the snacks you're eating are the healthiest options.
* For example, if you like candy bars, try replacing them with cereal bars, fruit or fruit salad, yogurt, Jell-O with fruit, frozen fruit bars, and other snacks with less sugar and fat. Fruit is nature's candy - you'll still get to satisfy your craving for sweets, but in a healthier way.
* If you prefer crunchy snacks like chips, opt for crunchy raw veggies or nuts.
* One trick that works is to prepare snacks ahead of time so they're ready whenever you're hungry for a quick snack. Cut up celery, carrots, and broccoli into easy "grab and eat" portions. Cut up several kinds of fruits, make tasty fruit salads with melons, grapes, berries and more, and store in portion-sized sealed containers.
4. Skip the sides. Sides like potato salad, macaroni and cheese and stuffing could be your downfall. While you're allowed to indulge a little, remember that these have the highest caloric values. Eat only small amounts of these sides while you fill up on the meats, vegetables, and fruits for dessert.
If you adapt these simple diet changes, it will just be a matter of time before you see remarkable changes in your fitness. Your body will respond automatically because you'll be treating it to the things it loves - healthy alternatives!
So instead of jumping from one fad diet to the other in search of the best fitness and weight loss results, try making some simple changes to how and what you eat. Not only will you look better and get the results you're looking for, but you'll also feel better throughout the course of each day. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Learn more here in our weight loss section guide for How to Lose 5 Pounds in a Week The Healthy Way
Did you like this blog post?
Well first, share it so someone else can get some good advice.
Then, subscribe so you don’t miss more – either subscribe to my RSS feed at the bottom of this page, or find the little guy waving at you on the bottom of the page and sign up to get my free ezine and gifts for my subscribers!
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.