Green Clothing Shopping Tips
For the most part, new clothing creates a huge burden on the environment due to the chemicals used to create the fabric and clean the fabric. Because of this, the more you can buy used items and those made sustainably the better for the environment.
If you want to ensure that your shopping trips are greener, consider these green clothing shopping tips below.
• Get to Know Your Favorite Brands – Before buying from any company check out their practices. You may find out that some of your brands are sustainable and some aren’t. That may be disappointing, but at least you’re operating with knowledge instead of just buying without thinking.
• Buy Handmade Clothing – Even if some materials are highly processed, buying handmade clothing can still help lower the cost of the clothing regarding the environment. In addition, they are typically made with fibers that are more natural and last longer too.
• Go to Consignment & Thrift Stores – No matter what the material is made of when you buy used, you’re not adding to the landfills or the pollution of processing at all. This is truly guilt-free shopping. That stuff is already out there and has been made.
• Don’t Discount Garage Sales – Look at your local paper or the Facebook Market place to find local garage sales. People sell things at garage sales for pennies on the dollar. It’s going to save money and keep stuff out of the landfill.
• Clean Your Closet – Most of us have clothing we never wear. Try to develop some form of style for yourself and color palette. This is going to help cut down on how much you need. If everything matches and works together that’s going to mean you need a lot less.
• Shop Out of Season – If you do go to regular stores, once you note the brands that are sustainably made, consider shopping out of season. Usually, the clothing will be on sale. It’s already produced so you won’t be ordering things that are going to be made after you order.
• Learn to Sew – If you can sew you can control the materials, you use better. Plus, you can also repurpose used items easier too. You can buy a used jacket from Goodwill, which is slightly large, alter it, and make it look as if it was made for you or your child.
You don’t have to look unfashionable to find clothing that is sustainable and green. It’s more important than ever to look for new materials that create a smaller carbon footprint, like hemp fabrics, natural cotton, and even fabrics made from recycled materials.
Follow these green clothing shopping tips to make a difference.
Are you searching for information about going green with solar power for homes?
* Are you tired of those high electric bills that you receive every month?
* Do you feel that too big a chunk of your earning is going toward the electricity bills - especially during the winter?
Well if the answer to these questions is a yes then we have the perfect solar power for homes solutions for you!
Get my exclusive training manual DIY Solar Power for Homes to learn about using and installing home solar power systems and residential solar power kits to power your house.
My guide has extra info about the requirements for Australian Solar Power systems.
P.S. Liked this post? Be a sharer and spread the word on FaceBook or Twitter
And I'd love to hear your views or suggestions too! Just click the Comments link below and tell us your story - Thanks!
Cheers, Helene Malmsio
Related Reading: https://www.discoveryhub.net/how-to-go-green-at-home.html
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Going Green.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.