Green Shopping Tips When Buying A New Car
You’re in the market for a new car, and you want to be greener and more sustainable with your choice than you were in the past. First, you realize saving money on gas is a good thing for you, but it’s also good for the environment.
However, everything depends on your situation, how far you need to drive, the terrain, and how you like to drive.
• Set Your Budget – Before you buy anything, especially something as big as a car, is that you need to set a budget that makes sense for you. Set the budget before you even start looking at cars. Your budget is not going to change based on the type of car you buy. Don’t listen to any salesperson who claims you’ll save on fuel so you can pay more for the vehicle.
• Consider Your Driving Habits – How do you like to drive and what type of terrain do you typically drive on? How long does it take you to get to work? Some electric-only cars may not be right for you if you must drive a long distance to work each day.
• Consider Your Location – Some locations are friendlier to electric and eco vehicles that need to be plugged in. If you live in an apartment, how will you charge it? Will they let you set up a charging station? Will they add one for you? How will you find the right way to charge it or fuel it?
• Read Consumer Reports – You can join consumer reports online for a small monthly fee. You don’t have to buy a year-long subscription to find out about the vehicles that you want to buy. This is a great way to find out what you should offer for your new vehicle too.
• Learn About the Power Behind Your Green Car – How is the car you’re looking at powered? What type of batteries? What type of fuel if it takes any? How long does it go on one charge or tank? Compare that with your situation to find out if it’ll work for your needs.
• Choose the Right Color – If you live in a very sunny environment, you probably want to choose a lighter color. Dark colors attract the sun and make it hotter. Light colors reflect the sun and keep your car cooler.
• Check the Suspension – Your car will perform better if it has better suspension. Read about what the experts state about the suspension in your ideal green vehicle. Not only do you need to consider additional fuel and energy costs but replacement costs too.
• Ask an Expert – Don’t be shy about asking someone who is truly an expert about vehicles although you may want to avoid asking a sales person who will claim to be an expert.
Finding just the right green car for your needs may take a little research. You may need to test-drive several cars before you find the right one. One good thing to do is to rent the car you think you want for a week.
While this is an added expense, it’s the best way to test out any car that you think you’ll like driving.
Are you searching for information about going green with solar power for homes?
* Are you tired of those high electric bills that you receive every month?
* Do you feel that too big a chunk of your earning is going toward the electricity bills - especially during the winter?
Well if the answer to these questions is a yes then we have the perfect solar power for homes solutions for you!
Get my exclusive training manual DIY Solar Power for Homes to learn about using and installing home solar power systems and residential solar power kits to power your house.
My guide has extra info about the requirements for Australian Solar Power systems.
P.S. Liked this post? Be a sharer and spread the word on FaceBook or Twitter
And I'd love to hear your views or suggestions too! Just click the Comments link below and tell us your story - Thanks!
Cheers, Helene Malmsio
Related Reading: https://www.discoveryhub.net/how-to-go-green-at-home.html
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Going Green.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.