Healthy Cooking - Apple Flax Muffin Recipe
Flaxseed is a great whole grain that provides a lot of nutritional benefits, including high levels of potassium, magnesium, healthy fat, Omega 3 Fatty Acids and the all-important fiber.
It can be used over cereal, yogurt, in smoothies and protein shakes and is also available in organic oil form that is perfect for vegans and vegetarians.
Flaxseed has been shown to help encourage cardiovascular health, and due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties it can protect skin tissue.
Another great perk of using this whole grain is it helps to prevent cancer because it contains high levels of Omega 3-fatty acids.
Here is a wonderful apple flax muffin recipe that is both delicious and nutritious.
A great option for healthy kid snacks, and of course, a healthy solution for sweet tooths in people of all ages.
How to Cook Apple Flax Muffins
• 1 and 1/4 cup of flax seed meal (make sure it is fresh)
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• Artificial sweetener equal to 3/4 cup sugar
• 4 large eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup oil (canola, coconut or vegetable are good options)
• 1/2 cup liquid, either water or flavored syrup
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1 small or medium apple that is chopped into small pieces
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder (freshly ground works great)
• 1 tablespoon of nutmeg (freshly ground works great)
• Optional: 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a 12 tin muffin pan or use muffin tins.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the rest of the ingredients. Do not over mix as this can result in tough muffins.
5. Let your batter stand for 10 minutes, and pour into muffin pan.
6. Bake for about 18 minutes, or until the muffins start to move away from the tin’s sides.
Learn more here in my section about How to learn healthy cooking without having to spend a fortune to keep your family healthy from your kitchen.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Cooking & Recipes.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.