How to Eat Clean When Eating Out
When you decide to ‘eat clean’ you may think you’ll never get to eat in a restaurant again. Actually, there is a heightened awareness from many restaurants about the wishes of their customers to eat cleaner and more well-balanced meals.
You should be able to find some restaurants close to you where you can enjoy a dinner out and not have to worry about keeping to your clean food diet.
After you’ve found a few restaurants that cater to the clean eating philosophy, you can keep a list of those places so you have some choices.
If you’re asked out to dinner and don’t know about the menu options at the restaurant, go online to see what they offer.
Many places will list ingredients and preparation methods because of those who suffer from food allergies.
Don’t be afraid to ask about how they prepare their meals.
For example, you don’t want to eat a food that was cooked using vegetable oils or butters.
Steamed and baked items are your best options.
Sugary drinks should be avoided at all cost. Instead, order a glass of water with lemon.
It will also save money on those empty calorie drinks.
There are a variety of restaurant types that can be good choices for clean eating when eating out.
• Delis – Sandwiches made with dark bread (such as pumpernickel), mustard (not mayonnaise), salads and fruit are always good choices for clean eating.
• Fine Dining – You’re likely to find some great clean eating choices when you have an evening out. Some restaurants have Gluten-Free menus which feature steamed and grilled items. Salads with vinaigrette dressings and vegetarian items are also available at more upscale dining establishments.
• Sushi – Not for everyone, but sushi restaurants can also offer good choices. Be sure and eat the pickled ginger if you select the raw fish. It helps with digestion. Order brown rice rather than the white, sticky type and you’ll be happy with your choices.
• Buffets – Lots of choices make buffets popular, especially for family outings. Stay away from the fried foods, gravies and sugary desserts and stick to fresh fruits, grilled meats and salads.
• Festivals and Amusement Parks – Those irresistible smells can be hard to pass up. If you must order those onion rings or fried guacamole, split it with a friend. You may want to take some snacks with you so you’re not starving the entire time.
Most of all -- treat clean eating like it’s a joy and not a chore.
Enjoy life and spend most of your time eating clean.
You’re likely to get a new perspective on life when you focus on clean eating and that should bring you happiness and health.
The good news is that healthy cooking doesn't have to be difficult or boring.
With just a few small changes you can make a big difference in the health of you and your family.
You can learn more here about the specific steps you need to know for how to learn healthy cooking.
Did you like this Healthy Cooking blog post?
Well first, share it so someone else can get some good advice about healthy cooking.
Then, subscribe so you don’t miss more – either subscribe to my RSS feed at the bottom of this page, or find the little guy waving at you on the bottom of the page and sign up to get my free ezine and gifts for my subscribers!
And if you have any tips or suggestions that you would like to share with us just click the COMMENTS link BELOW and send us your story!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Cooking & Recipes.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.