The Probiotic Advantage in Fermented Foods
The word probiotic means, 'for life.' Probiotics are the beneficial bacteria that reside in your intestines and that encourage the production of microflora in your gut - which, in turn provides you with a health body system.
When an imbalance occurs between the healthy probiotic microflora and pathogenic microorganisms, the gut becomes an environment that could cause illnesses and diseases.
There are several reasons that your body system may be imbalanced and causing problems in your health. They include:
* Too many antibiotics and strong, over-the-counter medications.
* Toxins in the environment.
* Diet where too many processed, sugary and acidic food and drinks are consumed.
* Chronic stress.
* Cleaners and personal care products that contain anti-bacterial chemicals.
Introducing foods that contain probiotics can turn your immune system and digestive health around and have these powerful microorganisms working to keep your healthy. Probiotics can be found in many foods such as yogurt.
Fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kefir and other types of dairy products also contain beneficial probiotics.
Some of the ways that probiotics can benefit your health are:
* Urinary Tract Health - Evidence exists that probiotics can ward off bad bacteria that can invade the urinary tract and cause infections. Even though antibiotics can cure these infections, they may return.
* Immune System - Probiotic foods can help you maintain beneficial intestinal floral that helps keep your immune system healthy.
* Allergies - Studies have been conducted in pregnant women who had a history of allergies and took probiotics during the pregnancy. These studies show that there was a reduction in the child's incidence of allergies.
* Digestive Health - We all have various types of bacteria in our digestive systems that help to break down food and help our bodies absorb essential nutrients. Many doctors are now prescribing probiotics to help restore that balance of bacteria that taking drugs have caused.
* Obesity - Research has shown that our digestive bacteria help us maintain a healthy weight. Probiotics are very healthy and low-calorie too, so they're a good alternative to other means of lowering the chances of obesity.
* Women's Health - Women can benefit from probiotics because of the effects it has on the reproductive organs. They can also be instrumental in preventing cramps and difficult menstruation.
Simply put, probiotics are considered the 'good guys' in keeping our digestive systems clean and our immune systems working well. It's worth the time and effort to investigate the beneficial effects of fermentation and the probiotics it provides.
You can learn more here about the specific steps you need to know for how to learn healthy cooking.
Did you like this Healthy Cooking blog post?
Well first, share it so someone else can get some good advice about healthy cooking.
Then, subscribe so you don’t miss more – subscribe to my RSS feed at the bottom of this page !
And if you have any tips or suggestions that you would like to share with us just click the COMMENTS link BELOW and send us your story!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Cooking & Recipes.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.