Where To Find Sustainable Products
The good news is that you can find sustainable products almost everywhere you normally shop. You don’t even have to try that hard. The consumer demand for sustainable products has created a priority for most business.
Even Walmart offers sustainable choices. You mostly just need to know what to look for and you can find it anywhere you shop. Let’s look at a few options.
• Fairphone.com – Do you want a phone that can be repaired and fixed, plus gets their supplies from an ethical fair supply chain? Look no further than Fairphone.com. This company works toward ethical gold mining without child labor. Since every phone has gold in it, this is an important part of buying a phone. Their phones are long lasting, can be reused and recycled and fixed and they work great.
• Walmart – Yes, you can find ethical products at Walmart. For example, most Walmart’s now have a policy of buying local organic produce before getting it from other suppliers. Many Walmart stores now have LED lighting that only comes on when you walk past the case or open the door thus saving energy. Most Walmart stores are also employing a no-waste water system as well. You can read all about the 10- Eco-Friendly Features of Walmart Stores to find out what they’re doing to try to be more sustainable.
• Kushrugs.com – If you want a very high-quality rug made by the people who will collect the money instead of a big corporation that gets all the money via child labor and unfair wages look at Kush Rugs for the answer. They are on a mission to end child labor and they’re very serious about it. Their products are never chemically processed or bleached.
• Bulk Items – At the grocery store, bulk items are frequently offered, such as dried beans and rice that comes without all the packaging. IN most of these stores you can bring your own containers to use to measure the amount you need thus reducing your waste even more. Stores like Trader Joe’s don’t allow certain additives in their food making it even better.
• WestElm.com – If you want to buy sustainable furniture, you can find it at some chain stores. Just look for brand names associated with sustainability. You can also go to specialty shops. Marketplaces, such as WestElm.com may be your best bet since you are assured that all their furniture is ethical and sustainably made.
• Famer’s Markets – At most farmer’s markets you can find organically grown produce that is grown ethically and sustainably. Keep in mind that some small farmers cannot afford to get certified but are usually happy to take you on tour to show you their growing practices even if they cannot legally say it’s organic.
The main thing to do is to research anything that you want to buy from clothing, to food, to furniture and other items before buying them. Look up “sustainable alternatives to” whatever you want to buy. You’ll get so many ideas you’ll never have to buy anything that is not green again.
Are you searching for information about going green with solar power for homes?
* Are you tired of those high electric bills that you receive every month?
* Do you feel that too big a chunk of your earning is going toward the electricity bills - especially during the winter?
Well if the answer to these questions is a yes then we have the perfect solar power for homes solutions for you!
Get my exclusive training manual DIY Solar Power for Homes to learn about using and installing home solar power systems and residential solar power kits to power your house.
My guide has extra info about the requirements for Australian Solar Power systems.
P.S. Liked this post? Be a sharer and spread the word on FaceBook or Twitter
And I'd love to hear your views or suggestions too! Just click the Comments link below and tell us your story - Thanks!
Cheers, Helene Malmsio
Related Reading: https://www.discoveryhub.net/how-to-go-green-at-home.html
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Going Green.
"Power Tips" magazine is back!
You Get A Free Complete Self Help Report delivered to your email box every edition, plus you get a free PLR article and other great gifts!
SUBSCRIBE BELOW ... I promise you will want to USE what you learn!
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.