5 Ways to Increase Positivity in Your Life
Being positive isn’t always easy, and sometimes it feels like no matter how hard you try, things are still looking negative.
You might be trying as hard as possible to be positive, but if the people and circumstances around you remain negative, it can be difficult to push through that and achieve the positivity you need.
Here are some of the ways you can increase positivity and become happier and more focused.
1. Read motivating literature
One of the things which influences us the most is the content that we read.
This could be the posts that your friends are making on social media, the newspaper that you read on your way to work in the morning or the novels that you buy from the book store and spend time with before you fall asleep.
Take a break from the negative content and focus on the positive.
2. Create some goals
Goals don’t have to be long-term. You don’t have to create a goal which pushes you to visit a different continent or become a millionaire.
You can set short-term goals for the year, the month, the week or even the same day. Set achievable goals, since it’s the satisfaction of achieving them that will make you feel great.
3. Get rid of negativity
You’ll never find a way to thoroughly eliminate all negativity in your life, and if you get rid of some of it, you will find that more will come along at some point.
Unfortunately, it’s not something we can ever escape, but getting rid of the negativity that you don’t need anymore can really help you to feel better.
Chat to your friends and offload some of your worries, or make a list of things which are causing you to stress and come up with a plan to solve some of the problems.
4. Focus on the bigger picture
Too many people get taken up with the short-term negativity and bad things which are happening for a short while.
If you focus on the bigger picture, you will often see that in order to achieve something better, you have to go through some not-so-great times.
5. Get into good habits
If you have bad habits, this won’t help you to become more positive.
You will need to change your habits and create better ones – this could be eating healthier, exercising more, spending quality time with your family or not letting yourself read negative things or get into negative conversations, either online or offline.
5 Easy Ways to Create Joy Today
Joy doesn't have to be hard to manifest in your life. You can create it by making a conscious effort to have more happiness.
Joy is an important mindset. It's not just about what happens to you. Your reactions to events, circumstances, people, and situations are part of it.
Joy may feel impermanent or fickle, but you can attract it and make it more stable.
Create more joy in your life: 1. Make a change.
Whether you've always wanted to learn how to play the piano or take a professional cooking class, you can make changes in your life that lead to joy.
* Avoid allowing fear to stop you from making changes.
* Joy tends to be on the other side of fear. Can you imagine how you'll feel when you finally take the class you've always wanted?
Can you imagine how you'll feel when you switch careers to something you love?
* The change doesn't have to be huge. You can take small steps toward your dreams.
* Realize that your happiness depends on you. You can't expect your life to get better by doing nothing every day. So make a change to take you in the direction you wish to go.2. Learn gratitude.
It's easy to focus on the day-to-day stress and lose sight of the simple things that you're thankful for.
* Make a list or keep a journal of all the good things in your life. Review it each day.
This will help you find peace and joy on a daily basis. You'll see that your life isn't made up of just negative moments.
* Your gratitude list can include ordinary things such as having a home, a bed, or a breakfast every morning. The key is to focus on the areas of your life that make you feel happy. 3. Make a happy board.
Similar to a vision board, a happy board is filled with things that make you happy - right now - rather than goals that you're working toward.
* For example, if the beach is one of your favorite places, fill your happy board with images of beaches.
* You can make it on paper or design it online.
* The key is to use the space to add things that bring joy to your life.
This can act as a manifesting agent and help you get more of the things you love. 4. Stop the flaw focus.
One of the things that hurts your ability to have more joy is a focus on your flaws.
* This applies to both internal and external influences. If others are concentrating on your flaws, then it's time to move on and find new friends.
Likewise, if you're paying too much attention to your own flaws, then it's time to change your mindset.
* Practice love and acceptance each day. Recognize your flaws without focusing on them. 5. Forgive yourself.
You can't experience happiness if you're constantly blaming yourself and making yourself feel awful. It's important to learn how to forgive yourself to have joy.
* Learn to let go of the guilt and shame that has built up in your life. Negative situations come up for everyone. Consciously avoid dwelling on them.
* Practice forgiveness and stifle your inner critic for good. View forgiveness as a way to use self-care on a daily basis.
Joy doesn't have to be a fleeting moment you feel on occasion. Let joy be a bigger part of your daily existence. Use these strategies and enjoy your life.P.S. Liked this post?
Be a sharer and spread the word on FaceBook or Twitter or G+.
And I'd love to hear your views or suggestions too! Just click the Comments link below and tell us your story - Thanks!
Cheers, Helene Malmsio
Related Reading: https://www.discoveryhub.net/how-to-do-mindfulness.html
#selfhelp #selfgrowth #selfimprovement #personaldevelopment #howto Get inspired with thousands of free self help resources at www.DiscoveryHub.net
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.