6 Amazing Benefits Of Learning To Love Yourself
No matter how much the hardest among us deny this – we all have a desire to be loved. Often, it's a romantic love that we crave. We are caught up in our loneliness and it's normal to have a want for companionship.
Though, romance isn't everyone's struggle or want – it may be a familial want or a platonic friendship. While, for some it may be a combination of all of these.
Rejection and hurt can leave us feeling unfulfilled and disillusioned with how we expect relationships to play out.
When they don't go as we want them to we often blame ourselves and wonder where we went wrong... that's not what it's about.
This is where learning to love yourself comes in – and that comes with some incredible benefits, here are six.
1. You'll Be Large & In Charge
Instead of making bad choices because you're being led by shame, guilt or fear – you will be empowered to make choices that truly make sense for who you are – meaning you will be living your authentic life.
You will no longer be caught up with people pleasing, instead you will live a life that brings you satisfaction.
Self-love means trying to honor yourself because you know your needs are just as important as others.
2. You Set Boundaries & Stick To Them
Once you have the hang of honoring your needs you start to feel more confident, which means you are more assertive.
Of course, this results in a more purposeful attitude, especially when it comes to dating.
You start to see who is wasting your time and you're strong enough to move forward without them.
More to the point, you are strong enough to set clear boundaries with people and stick to them.
3. The Approval Seeking Will Stop
When you truly love yourself, you stop worrying about what everyone else thinks about you – which means you're a less defensive person and more confident about living a life that is authentic for you.
Why would you need acceptance from everyone else when you truly accept yourself?
4. You Will Be A Conscious Decision Maker
Loving yourself gives you the courage to cut things from your life that don't truly bring you joy or provide you with ample space to grow.
It's easy to make courageous decisions when you value yourself and actively make choices that are intended to honor you, rather than risk harming you.
5. You Will Enjoy Alone Time
A lot of people get caught up in keeping busy schedules simply because they're terrified of feeling or being alone. You surround yourself with people, throw yourself into work, and make decisions that help you avoid that loneliness.
Why would you do all of the things that you don't love? You could be filling that time with things that you actually enjoy doing – whether it’s meditation, swimming, writing or watching a movie.
It doesn't need to feel scary to spend time alone, you should enjoy time with yourself. Self-love brings more comfort when you're spending time in your own company.
You don't need to find happiness in relationships, whether they're romantic or not. The only love that you truly need to be happy is the love of yourself.
When you start taking responsibility for it and stop giving your power away to everyone else, you will naturally feel happier.
If you're not in a romantic relationship you will find that you aren't as desperate to be in one as you once were because you know you don't need them. When the right person shows up, you will be ready for that love.
Just click the covers below to learn more about how incredibly helpful these books can be for your self assertiveness and increased self confidence!
7 Easy Tricks to Calm Your Mind Without Meditation
Meditation is a powerful tool, but it's not the only way to calm your mind. Consider these tricks to find peace and inner calmness.
Try these ideas the next time you want to calm your mind and feel better:1. Breathe.
The simple act of breathing can help you calm down quickly and reduce anxiety. Breathing can help you focus on the moment and forget your worries. A few deep breaths help relax your muscles as your cells receive the extra oxygen.
* Learn simple breathing exercises or just breathe deeply. 2. Show gratitude.
By showing gratitude, you can change your focus and find peace. Being thankful and saying it can help you see the positive things that are around you.
* Send an email, talk on the phone, or write a note to someone that you would like to thank.
* When stopping and giving thanks, you're also living in the present moment. When your mind is on the present moment, there's no room for worrying about the future or regretting your past.3. Smile.
How often do you smile during the day? Do you smile at strangers as well as friends?
* Smiling can instantly boost your mood. It can help relax the body and mind, help the immune system, and reduce stress.
* Research published in the journal Psychological Science shows that even a fake smile can have a positive effect on the body. The act of smiling positively affects the brain. 4. Go for a hike or enjoy nature.
If meditation doesn't appeal to you because it involves sitting, then go for a hike or find another way to enjoy nature. Explore a park, trail, or other natural area near you.
* Notice the sounds, smells, and visuals in front of you as you walk.
* Nature can have a soothing impact on the brain and body. 5. Turn off your phone and other devices.
Constant communication and connection can make it hard to have a calm mind. Turn off your phones, tablets, computers, and other devices to find peace.
* By disconnecting from technology for brief periods of time, you'll be able to relax.6. Play with your pet.
If you're lucky to have a dog, cat, or other animal, play with them to find calmness. Research shows that pets can help people stay calm and relax.
* Try petting your dog or cat for an extended period of time. Only focus on them and don't think about other issues.
* Consider taking your pet for a walk and getting exercise at the same time. 7. Do some type of manual labor.
Sometimes, manual labor such as cleaning the house or mowing the lawn can help calm the mind. Exercise can boost brain chemicals that make you happy.
* Manual labor can help you forget issues by forcing you to focus on completing the tasks.
* Look for activities that need to be done at home or at work. Do the dishes, vacuum, clean out closets, or organize cabinets. Sort the garage or attic, try gardening, or pull weeds.
If you're finished with tasks at home, reach out to friends and neighbors to help them.
Although meditation can be important, it's not the only way to stay calm. Consider trying other methods and experimenting until you find the ones that work best for you.P.S. Liked this post?
Be a sharer and spread the word on FaceBook or Twitter or G+.
And I'd love to hear your views or suggestions too! Just click the Comments link below and tell us your story - Thanks!
Cheers, Helene Malmsio
Related Reading: https://www.discoveryhub.net/how-to-balance-mind-body-spirit.html
I really want to know what you think of this site, this page, and to hear your tips or suggestions about it.
So please share your story or simply add a Comment in the comment box.
If you feel that the information on this page has been useful to you please give it a Like or share it with your friends - thanks!!
"You are a life Saver!!
I recently discovered this site and I can tell you that my life
has not been the same. I now come here EVERYDAY and spend at least 1
I used to spend that time browsing online fashion and beauty
magazine which just means that I spend more. Now I have replaced that
habit with coming here.
In future I will think about contributing articles as well. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! and God bless"
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time
indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability
information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the
time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.